Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Construction on railroad overpass in Ada

The very narrow bridge that everyone passes through in and out of Ada is finally getting a makeover. Work will begin the week of July 14th, all traffic will have to use Fase street to get in and out of Ada if you come down Thornapple River drive.

The two side walls will be removed and new concrete sidewall will be installed. These new walls will widen the underpass to allow more room for cars to get through. Along with the widening, the overpass will also be lowered one foot. I'm not too sure about that because it doesn't make sense to me but that's what I'm being told.

I would suggest the township puts up a sign before Fase street that indicates to semi trucks that they are too high to get through the underpass. I've seen many a trucks stuck there and it would only make sense to tell them that they aren't going to fit before they miss the road that will allow them to get through Ada.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the improvements, should be great.

No comments: